As a pet owner, you want the best quality of life possible. When your pet is uncomfortable or in pain for whatever reason, alleviating his distress moves to the top of your agenda. As part of your pet’s health care team, Pipe Creek Animal Clinic is proud to offer multiple options to address pain and discomfort in your pet. In many cases Acupuncture or Therapeutic Laser Therapy can help.
Therapeutic Laser Treatment
Therapeutic laser (also called Cold Laser Therapy, Photobiomodulation therapy, and low level laser therapy) uses light energy to work it’s magic. The light waves gently penetrate tissues where they effect the enzymes, cell membranes and mitochondria (the energy factories within each cell) at the cellular level. It essentially “jump starts” the cells to increase endorphin release, decrease inflammation, reduce pain transmission and normalize tissues. During a typical treatment, your dog or cats will lie on a padded blanket on the table or floor. The process is non-invasive and side-effect free. Pets will feel a gently warming at the site of treatment as the light waves stimulate the issues to improve healing and immune function. Pain relief can be nearly instantaneous, but can require multiple treatments to achieve a sustained effect. It allows your pet to heal faster after surgery or injury, eases pain and increases mobility providing relief to your pet when he needs it the most.
Common uses and effects of Therapeutic Laser Treatments:
- Speed Wound Healing- great for abscesses, lacerations, dog bites, snake bites and post-op incisions
- Increases the metabolism of specific tissues
- Chronic inflammatory conditions such as stomatits, chronic ear infections, cystitis, lick granulomas and hot spots.
- Reduces formation of scar tissue
- Stimulates the immune system (Immunoregulation)
- Improves nerve function and nerve regeneration
- Releases painful trigger points
- Decreases inflammation and pain in arthritic joints
- Relaxes muscle tissue and improves blood flow
- Part of a multi-modal approach to pain management
Contact us today to ask how Laser Therapy can help ease your pets pain and discomfort.
Acupuncture is one of our most commonly asked about treatments. It is quite helpful for pets that are in pain, even helping with cancer pain and osteoarthritis. It can also help patients with a number of other problems including vomiting, endocrine disorders, and much more.
Many owners worry their pets will not tolerate acupuncture, but it is simple and usually enjoyable for the pets. They learn to love the interaction and experience.
If you are wondering if acupuncture could help your pets, don’t hesitate to contact us. It does not hurt to try it out to see if it will make a difference.
If you have any questions regarding Cold Laser Therapy / Acupuncture, contact us today at (830) 535-4406.